Chair: Greg Morris firstname.lastname@example.org
Chona Galvez email@example.com
Robert Litomisky firstname.lastname@example.org
George Skarpelos email@example.com
Adam Miller firstname.lastname@example.org
Letter to Councilmember Ryu re: Beachwood TPPDs March 2016
Please contact any member of the committee for information regarding the next meeting.
Meets the fourth Thursday of the month at 6:30pm unless noted below.
NO MEETING IN AUGUST
The Agenda will be posted at least 72 hours prior to the scheduled meeting at the designated sites as listed at the bottom of the Home Page
THURSDAY MARCH 30TH, 2017, 6:30pm
FIRE STATION 82 ANNEX,
1800 N. BRONSON AVENUE, L.A., CA 90028
Second Floor Conference Room
The public is requested to fill out a “Speaker Card” to address the Board on any item of the agenda prior to the Board taking action on an item. Comments from the public on Agenda items will be heard only when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the Agenda that is within the Board’s subject matter jurisdiction will be heard during the Public Comment period. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker, for a maximum of 20 minutes total for Public comment, unless waived by the presiding officer of the Board. Agenda is posted for public review at Counterpoint Records and Books 5911 Franklin Ave, on our website at www.myhunc.com and with EmpowerLA. In compliance with Government Code section 54957.5, non-exempt writings that are distributed to a majority or all of the board in advance of a meeting may be viewed at the scheduled meeting (or location noted in the Agenda item) or by making arrangements with our office (contact information above). As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting the Neighborhood Council Support Help Line (213) 978-1551 or email email@example.com. To subscribe directly to our Agendas, go to http://bit.ly/HwdUnitedNCsignup Note: Agenda items may be taken out of order or merged as deemed appropriate by the Board. Action may be taken on all items.
1. Roll Call
2. Approval of Minutes
3. Public Comment on items not on the Agenda (2 minutes each)
4. Comments from any City, County, State or Federal representatives in attendance (5 minutes each)
5. Present and request for support for HUNC to sponsor the Franklin Village (or HUNC) Food & Commerce Festival. Approve a preliminary budget of $12,000. The Festival can take off where the Franklin Village Street Fair left off but we can be more inclusive and invite all businesses to participate with a booth or a stand in order to promote the businesses within the HUNC boundaries. It’s also a great opportunity to get the word out about what we do at HUNC by having our own booth to sign up people to our website and invite them to participate more with their local representation. We now have several new businesses in the Franklin Village including Van Leuwan Ice Cream, Press Brothers Juicery, Fresh Bros Pizza, New Mexican restaurant, revamped Sushi in Sushi Stop, but it will also give other businesses outside of this area an opportunity to have some outreach to customers they might not otherwise have access to.
6. Propose and approve a budget to pursue adding 3 Big Belly trash systems to Franklin Village with logo’d decals.
7. Propose the support to investigate fixing the sidewalk along Franklin Blvd between Bronson and Tamarind.
8. Committee Member Comments on items not on the Agenda
9. Old/Ongoing Business
10. New/Future Business
A simple majority vote by the Board members present, not including abstentions, at a meeting at which there is a quorum, shall be required to take official action, unless specified otherwise in the Bylaws ( http://www.hollywoodunitednc.org/bylawsenglish.htm )
Reconsideration: The Board may reconsider and amend its action on items listed on the agenda if that reconsideration takes place before the end of the meeting at which it was considered or at the next regular meeting. The Board, on either of these two days, shall: (1) Make a Motion for Reconsideration and, if approved, (2) hear the matter and take an action. If the motion to reconsider an action is to be scheduled at the next meeting following the original action, then two items shall be placed on the agenda for that meeting: (1) A Motion for Reconsideration on the described matter and (2) a [Proposed] action should the motion to reconsider be approved. A Motion for Reconsideration can only be made by a Board member who has previously voted on the prevailing side of the original action taken. If a Motion for Reconsideration is not made on the date the action was taken, then a Board member on the prevailing side of the action must submit a memorandum to the Recording Secretary identifying the matter to be reconsidered and a brief description of the reason(s) for requesting reconsideration at the next regular meeting. The aforesaid shall all be in compliance with the Ralph M. Brown Act.
April 2016 draft