The Hollywood United Neighborhood Council and the Los Feliz Neighborhood Council Public Health And Safety Committees are presenting a free CPR, AED/ basic first aid training course.
Password to signup: HUNC CPR
Lunch and beverages will be provided by the Hollywood United Neighborhood Council
After the session, everyone will receive documentation stating completion of the course from an authorized instructor from the American Red Cross. If you require an official certificate issued through The American Red Cross the cost is $35.00, sent via email. Wallet cards are an extra $5.00. You can pay the instructor via check, PayPal, Venmo or cash.
Instructor: Michael Hain
REGISTER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. THERE IS A STRICT LIMIT OF PARTICIPANTS.
All are welcome (minimum age 13 years old). Must Pre-Register No walk-ins will be accepted.
This class will teach you what to do in case of a sudden emergency to someone who is choking or having a heart attack. How to perform CPR and how to use the AED after someone is in a cardiac arrest.
Some of the images will be a little graphic, i.e. PG-13
Before Giving Care
- Identify Behaviors
- Scene Safety
- Recognizing Emergency Situations
- Good Samaritan Laws/Obtaining Consent
- Emergency Action Steps
- Moving an Injured Individual
- Calling Emergency Personnel (9-1-1)
- Recognizing Shock and Treatment
- Identify a Heart Attack
- Back Blows
- Abdominal Thrusts
- Rescue Breathing
- Chest Compressions
- When to Deploy and how to Use
BASIC FIRST AID
- First Aid Kit contents
- Treating Bleeding injuries
- Embedded objects
- Electrical injuries
- Sport related injuries (Sprains, strains broken bones and head trauma)
- Sudden Poisoning
- Identify common local poisonous plants and treatment
- Animal bites
- Applying several types of bandages (triangle, sling and roller bandage)
- Sudden Illnesses
- Fainting, diabetic emergencies, seizure, stroke and allergic reactions
- Heat Related Emergencies Cold Related Emergencies