SPECIAL BOARD MEETING
Monday, July 16, 2018, 6:30 PM
Fire Station 82 Annex
1800 N. Bronson Avenue, LA, CA 90028
Second Floor Conference Room
The public is requested to fill out a "Speaker Card" to address the Board on any item of the agenda prior to the Board taking action on an item. Comments from the public on Agenda items will be heard only when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the Agenda that is within the Board's subject matter jurisdiction will be heard during the Public Comment period. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker, for a maximum of 20 minutes total for Public comment, unless waived by the presiding officer of the Board. Agenda is posted for public review at Counterpoint Records and Books 5911 Franklin Ave, on our website at www.MyHUNC.com, and with EmpowerLA. In compliance with Government Code section 54957.5, non-exempt writings that are distributed to a majority or all of the board in advance of a meeting may be viewed at the scheduled meeting (or location noted in the Agenda item) or by making arrangements with our office (contact information above). As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting the Neighborhood Council Support Help Line (213) 978-1551 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: Agenda items may be taken out of order or merged as deemed appropriate by the Board. Action may be taken on all items. To subscribe directly to our Agendas, go to http://hollywoodunitednc.org/wp/newsletter/
- Roll Call
- Approval of Minutes
- Public Comment on items not on the Agenda (2 minutes each)
- Jack Humphreville, Budget Advocate (5 minutes)
- Board Member announcements on items not on the Agenda (5 minutes)
- Announcements from any City, County, State, or Federal representatives in attendance (5 minutes each)
- PLUM Committee
- Discussion and possible Motion(s) regarding:
Project: Convenience Store, 6213 Franklin Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90028. Action(s) Requested
- A Conditional Use Permit to upgrade from the sale for off-site consumption of beer and wine to a full line of alcoholic beverages in conjunction with an existing 1,500 Sq. Ft. grocery/convenience store.
- Deviation from the Mini-shopping Center standard. Requesting hours of operation from 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m
- Discussion and possible Motion(s) regarding:
- Report from the quarterly Hollywood Neighborhood Council Meeting at the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce
- PSW&T Committee
- Update on Villa Carlotta ribbon-cutting ceremony by the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, possible Motion for letter
- Update on Gershwin Apartments C) Update regarding inquiry to CGI about renting D) Review of the League of Women Voters LA forum, “LA on Board? The Intersection Between Transportation and Housing”, that was held on July 14th
- Discussion and Motion to approve “Resilience Liaison(s)” to the Mayor’s office of Resilience https://www.lamayor.org/Resilience.
- Website transition update and discussion
- Discussion of FY2017/2018 year end budget
- Discussion and vote to approve June Monthly Expense Report for submission
- Motion to approve a Neighborhood Purpose Grant in the amount of $250 for A Million Drops for art classes for homeless
- Motion to approve a Neighborhood Purpose Grant in the amount of $250 for A Million Drops for 17 sleeping bags
- Motion to approve up to $200 per month for food & supplies for monthly HUNC street cleanups in the new fiscal year
- Discussion to reschedule and vote to approve up to $1000 for Tree/Plant Give-Away and pottery painting at Franklin Ivar Park, date TBD.
- Discussion and vote to approve up to $200 for the purchase of refreshments for Movie Night at Franklin/Ivar Park on August 25.
- Discussion and vote to approve up to $2100 for CERT Training refreshments (7 sessions X $300/session)
- Discussion and vote to approve up to $700 for HUNC branded large 3-ring binders to accommodate CERT Training paper materials
- Discussion and vote to approve up to $500 for Word Press modules and plug-ins.
- Discussion and possible motion to approve up to $300 for the MailChimp marketing automation platform and email marketing service
- Discussion and motion to approve payment up to $500 to Swank Films to license the movie Goonies, for the Franklin/Ivar Park Movie Night on August 25
- Discussion and motion to approve reimbursement to Anji Williams for $31.12 for refreshments, supplies and incidentals purchased at Smart and Final and Nature-Watch for, activities at Franklin/Ivar Park on May 19, 2018.
- 2018 HUNC Elections: Discuss, review and vote to approve Election Plan and Budget.
- Committee Reports on items not on the Agenda (5 minutes)
- HUNC Committee & Liaison announcements on items not on the Agenda
- Discussion and Motion to approve that the current Executive Committee terms of office be terminated as of July 16, 2018 and new Elections be held on that day to run until immediately after the 2019 general HUNC Board election with the general HUNC Board election date having precedence over the one year period term as specified in HUNC Bylaws.
- Outgoing President (Emeritus) Susan Swan: Discussion and Election of Executive Committee to serve as described in item 16
- Old/Ongoing Business
- New/Future Business
A simple majority vote by the Board members present, not including abstentions, at a meeting at which there is a quorum, shall be required to take official action, unless specified otherwise in the Bylaws (http://hollywoodunitednc.org/wp/bylaws-standing-rules-and-financial-procedures/). Reconsideration: The Board may reconsider and amend its action on items listed on the agenda if that reconsideration takes place before the end of the meeting at which it was considered or at the next regular meeting. The Board, on either of these two days, shall: (1) Make a Motion for Reconsideration and, if approved, (2) hear the matter and take an action. If the motion to reconsider an action is to be scheduled at the next meeting following the original action, then two items shall be placed on the agenda for that meeting: (1) A Motion for Reconsideration on the described matter and (2) a [Proposed] action should the motion to reconsider be approved. A Motion for Reconsideration can only be made by a Board member who has previously voted on the prevailing side of the original action taken. If a Motion for Reconsideration is not made on the date the action was taken, then a Board member on the prevailing side of the action must submit a memorandum to the Recording Secretary identifying the matter to be reconsidered and a brief description of the reason(s) for requesting reconsideration at the next regular meeting. The aforesaid shall all be in compliance with the Ralph M. Brown Act.