Planning and Land Use Management (PLUM) Committee
Thursday, September 06, 2018, 6:30 PM
Fire Station 82 Annex
1800 N. BRONSON AVENUE, L.A., CA 90028
Second Floor Conference Room
The public is requested to fill out a "Speaker Card" to address the Board on any item of the agenda prior to the Board taking action on an item. Comments from the public on Agenda items will be heard only when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the Agenda that is within the Board's subject matter jurisdiction will be heard during the Public Comment period. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker, for a maximum of 20 minutes total for Public comment, unless waived by the presiding officer of the Board. Agenda is posted for public review at Counterpoint Records and Books 5911 Franklin Ave, on our website at www.MyHUNC.com, and with EmpowerLA. In compliance with Government Code section 54957.5, non-exempt writings that are distributed to a majority or all of the board in advance of a meeting may be viewed at the scheduled meeting (or location noted in the Agenda item) or by making arrangements with our office (contact information above). As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting the Neighborhood Council Support Help Line (213) 978-1551 or email email@example.com. Note: Agenda items may be taken out of order or merged as deemed appropriate by the Board. Action may be taken on all items. To subscribe directly to our Agendas, go to http://hollywoodunitednc.org/wp/newsletter/
- Roll Call
- Approval of Minutes
- Public Comment on items not on the Agenda (2 minutes each)
- Discussion and review of Upstart at 1807 Van Ness with Leeor Maciborski, ROM Investments, Inc.
- Discussion and possible motion regarding a Conditional Use Permit: 6141 Franklin Avenue: Continued sale of a full-line of alcohol in conjunction with the operation of an existing 649 s.f. bar located within a hotel in the R3-1 zone. Current grant is ZA 2010-3215 ZV. Hours of operation 10am to 2am daily. Action(s) Requested: Per LAMC 12.27-B.1, Applicant is requesting a Zone Variance (ZV) to allow the continued sale of a full-line of alcohol at a 649 s.f. bar located within an existing hotel located within the R3-1 zone. Operation is currently permitted alcohol under case ZA 2010-3215 (ZV)(A1). Hours of operation 10am-2am daily.
- Discussion and possible motion regarding a new project at 2415 San Marco Drive: ZAD to permit the construction of a single-family dwelling fronting onto as Substandard Hillside Limited Street where a minimum 20-foot wide continuous paved roadway is not provided from the driveway apron to the boundary of the Hillside area. ZAD for increased by right Grading (1,584 c.y. total plus 217 c.y. under driveway exempted). ZAD for haul route to allow excess export equal to grading amount. ZAD(s) for over-in-height retaining walls, Zone Variance for additional floor area (1,781.9 s.f. RFA allowed, 3,231 s.f. RFA requested). Action(s) Requested: 1. ZAD for increased by right Grading (1,584 c.y. total plus 217 c.y. under driveway exempted). 2. ZAD for haul route to allow excess export equal to grading amount. 3. A ZAD to permit two retaining walls in lieu of the otherwise permitted single retaining wall of 12 feet in height or of two retaining walls 10 feet in height each with a separation of 3 feet. The height of the walls to be permitted are Wall #1 at 10 feet, and Wall #2 varying between 0 and 22 feet 4 inches in height. 4. A ZAD for building height over 45 feet. NOTE: Haul route review will be discussed with the haul route requests in the projects for 2301, 2305 & 2309 San Marco in item 4 on this agenda due to the accumulative effects of hauling dirt for 4 projects at potentially the same time on a substandard hillside street.
- Discussion and review of the projects located at 2301, 2305, 2309 San Marco Drive: Applicant’s request to export dirt from these project sites as follows: 1. 2301 San Marco Drive – 1,388 c. y., 2. 2305 San Marco Drive – 6,106 c.y., 3. 2309 San Marco Drive – 2,585 c.y. NOTES: 1. These projects were held in abeyance by the Board of Building and Safety Commissioners pending review discussion by the local neighborhood groups and developer. 2. This will be heard in conjunction with dirt to be excavated and haul routes requested for the 2415 San Marco Drive project due to the accumulative effects of hauling dirt for 4 projects at potentially the same time on a substandard hillside street.
- Discussion and possible motion regarding general comments per the Hollywood Center Project’s Notice of Preparation of Environmental Impact Report and Public Scoping Meeting set for September 12, 2018
- Committee Member announcements on items not on the Agenda
- Old/Ongoing Business
- New/Future Business
A simple majority vote by the Board members present, not including abstentions, at a meeting at which there is a quorum, shall be required to take official action, unless specified otherwise in the Bylaws (http://hollywoodunitednc.org/wp/bylaws-standing-rules-and-financial-procedures/). Reconsideration: The Board may reconsider and amend its action on items listed on the agenda if that reconsideration takes place before the end of the meeting at which it was considered or at the next regular meeting. The Board, on either of these two days, shall: (1) Make a Motion for Reconsideration and, if approved, (2) hear the matter and take an action. If the motion to reconsider an action is to be scheduled at the next meeting following the original action, then two items shall be placed on the agenda for that meeting: (1) A Motion for Reconsideration on the described matter and (2) a [Proposed] action should the motion to reconsider be approved. A Motion for Reconsideration can only be made by a Board member who has previously voted on the prevailing side of the original action taken. If a Motion for Reconsideration is not made on the date the action was taken, then a Board member on the prevailing side of the action must submit a memorandum to the Recording Secretary identifying the matter to be reconsidered and a brief description of the reason(s) for requesting reconsideration at the next regular meeting. The aforesaid shall all be in compliance with the Ralph M. Brown Act.