Planning and Land Use Management (PLUM) Committee
Thursday, November 01, 2018, 6:30 PM
Fire Station 82 Annex
1800 N. BRONSON AVENUE, L.A., CA 90028
Second Floor Conference Room
The public is requested to fill out a "Speaker Card" to address the Board on any item of the agenda prior to the Board taking action on an item. Comments from the public on Agenda items will be heard only when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the Agenda that is within the Board's subject matter jurisdiction will be heard during the Public Comment period. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker, for a maximum of 20 minutes total for Public comment, unless waived by the presiding officer of the Board. Agenda is posted for public review at Counterpoint Records and Books 5911 Franklin Ave, on our website at www.MyHUNC.com, and with EmpowerLA. In compliance with Government Code section 54957.5, non-exempt writings that are distributed to a majority or all of the board in advance of a meeting may be viewed at the scheduled meeting (or location noted in the Agenda item) or by making arrangements with our office (contact information above). As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting the Neighborhood Council Support Help Line (213) 978-1551 or email email@example.com. Note: Agenda items may be taken out of order or merged as deemed appropriate by the Board. Action may be taken on all items. To subscribe directly to our Agendas, go to http://hollywoodunitednc.org/wp/newsletter/
- Roll Call
- Approval of Minutes
- Public Comment on items not on the Agenda (2 minutes each)
- 5620 W. Tuxedo Terrace, Los Angeles. Continuation of review of the project and potential amended motion. Project Description: Construction of a (N) SFD, 2 story w/basement and attached garage: Action(s) Requested: 1. To allow the new construction of a SFD on a lot fronting on a Substandard Hillside Limited Street that is improved with a roadway width of less than 20 feet. 2. To allow the new construction of a SFD on a lot not having vehicular access from a street improved with a minimum 20-foot wide continuous paved roadway from the driveway apron to the boundary of the hillside area
- Review and potential motion regarding nuisance and code compliance issues with the 1807 Van Ness Upstart project
- Discussion and possible motion regarding additional affordable housing requirements in high density development
- Review and possible motion regarding the Villa Carlotta project, project compliance issues and recent construction.
- Review of Illegal hostels and possible action(s) to be taken.
- Committee Member announcements on items not on the Agenda
- Old/Ongoing Business
- New/Future Business
A simple majority vote by the Board members present, not including abstentions, at a meeting at which there is a quorum, shall be required to take official action, unless specified otherwise in the Bylaws (http://hollywoodunitednc.org/wp/bylaws-standing-rules-and-financial-procedures/). Reconsideration: The Board may reconsider and amend its action on items listed on the agenda if that reconsideration takes place before the end of the meeting at which it was considered or at the next regular meeting. The Board, on either of these two days, shall: (1) Make a Motion for Reconsideration and, if approved, (2) hear the matter and take an action. If the motion to reconsider an action is to be scheduled at the next meeting following the original action, then two items shall be placed on the agenda for that meeting: (1) A Motion for Reconsideration on the described matter and (2) a [Proposed] action should the motion to reconsider be approved. A Motion for Reconsideration can only be made by a Board member who has previously voted on the prevailing side of the original action taken. If a Motion for Reconsideration is not made on the date the action was taken, then a Board member on the prevailing side of the action must submit a memorandum to the Recording Secretary identifying the matter to be reconsidered and a brief description of the reason(s) for requesting reconsideration at the next regular meeting. The aforesaid shall all be in compliance with the Ralph M. Brown Act.