Planning and Land Use Management (PLUM) Committee
Thursday, August 01, 2019, 6:30 PM
Fire Station 82 Annex
1800 N. BRONSON AVENUE, L.A., CA 90028
Second Floor Conference Room
The public is requested to fill out a "Speaker Card" to address the Board on any item of the agenda prior to the Board taking action on an item. Comments from the public on Agenda items will be heard only when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the Agenda that is within the Board's subject matter jurisdiction will be heard during the Public Comment period. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker, for a maximum of 20 minutes total for Public comment, unless waived by the presiding officer of the Board. Agenda is posted for public review at Counterpoint Records and Books 5911 Franklin Ave, on our website at www.MyHUNC.com, and with EmpowerLA. In compliance with Government Code section 54957.5, non-exempt writings that are distributed to a majority or all of the board in advance of a meeting may be viewed at the scheduled meeting (or location noted in the Agenda item) or by making arrangements with our office (contact information above). As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting the Neighborhood Council Support Help Line (213) 978-1551 or email email@example.com. Note: Agenda items may be taken out of order or merged as deemed appropriate by the Board. Action may be taken on all items. To subscribe directly to our Agendas, go to http://hollywoodunitednc.org/wp/newsletter/
- Roll Call
- Approval of Minutes
- Public Comment on items not on the Agenda (2 minutes each)
- Lake Hollywood Homeowners Association: Cell tower in the LAKE HOLLYWOOD park to assist Park Rangers and residents to make calls out of their homes for disasters and enforcement against violations. Presentation and possible motion.
- 1718 N. Vine Street – citizenM Hollywood & Vine: Project and Draft EIR Presentation and Review. Possible motion regarding draft EIR issues. The draft EIR is available at http://planning.lacity.org (click on the “Environmental Review” tab on the left-hand side, then click on “Draft EIR” and click on the Project title). Copies are also available at the following Library Branches: Central Library, Francis Howard Goldwyn Hollywood Regional Library and John C. Fremont Branch Library.
- 1750 N. Van Ness Avenue: Project description: The applicant proposes the demolition of a single-family dwelling and replacement with a nine-unit, 14,438 sf.; five-story, 52-foot apartment building, including five two-bedroom units, four three-bedroom units, five auto parking and six bike parking spaces. Action(s) Requested: 1. TOC Tier 3 Base Incentives, including a 40% density increase (6 units to 9 units) and reduced parking. Additional incentives, including 22’ height increase to 52’, and reduction from 8’ to 6’ side yards. 2. A waiver of a 5-foot dedication on Van Ness Avenue.
- 1807-1809 N. Van Ness Avenue. Project description: The applicant proposes the demolition of a single-family dwelling and replacement with a nine-unit, 16,157 sf.; five-story, 52-foot apartment building, including four two-bedroom units, five three-bedroom units, five auto parking and six bike parking spaces. Action(s) Requested: 1. TOC Tier 3 Base Incentives, including a 40% density increase (6 units to 9 units) FAR increase (3 to 3.17) & reduced parking. Additional incentives, including 22’ height increase to 52’, and reduced side yards of 6’ in lieu of 8’. SPP
- 5959 W. Franklin Avenue (Villa Carlotta). Present Use: Multi-Family Residential. Proposed Use: Mixed-Use (Multi-Family Residential and Restaurant). Project Description: The change of use of an existing residential apartment building to a mixed-use building with a ground-floor 1,146 square foot café/restaurant outdoor dining area with a 378 square foot prep kitchen with 49 total seats, a Zone Variance to allow the sale and dispensing of a full-line of alcoholic beverages for on site consumption. Hours of operation requested from 7 a.m. to 2 a.m., daily, and a Zone Variance for to allow 49 total seats in lieu of the otherwise 25-seat maximum for restaurants in a historic building. Action(s) Requested: 1. A Zoning Administrator’s Determination to permit a restaurant with 25 or fewer seats in a historic building in the R3 zone. 2. A Zone Variance to allow a 1,146 square foot café/restaurant and outdoor dining area with 49 total seats, in lieu of the otherwise 25-seat maximum for restaurants in a historic building in the R3 zone. 3. A Zone Variance to allow the sale and dispensing of a full-line of alcoholic beverages in conjunction with a proposed 1,146 square-foot café/restaurant outdoor dining area, with 49 outdoor seats, and hours of operation from 7 a.m. to 2 a.m. daily.
Review and discussion of any potential environmental (CEQA) issues raised by the Action(s) Requested. Review of applicants “No” answer to point 4.” Related Department of City Planning Cases” for the questions “For purposes of environmental (CEQA) analysis, is there intent to develop a larger project?” and “Have you filed, or is there intent to file, a Subdivision with this project?”
- 1755 N. Canyon Drive. Project Description: Present Use: Vacant Lot. Proposed Use: 19 – unit Apartment Building over 1 level of subterranean parking with roof deck. Action(s) Requested: North side yard reduction from 8’ 0” to 5’ 7” (30% reduction); South side yard reduction from 8”0 to 5’ 7” (30% reduction); Height increase from 43’ 6” to 53’ 6” – Two additional stories up to 22 additional feet.
- Committee Member announcements on items not on the Agenda
- Old/Ongoing Business
- New/Future Business
A simple majority vote by the Board members present, not including abstentions, at a meeting at which there is a quorum, shall be required to take official action, unless specified otherwise in the Bylaws (http://hollywoodunitednc.org/wp/bylaws-standing-rules-and-financial-procedures/). Reconsideration: The Board may reconsider and amend its action on items listed on the agenda if that reconsideration takes place before the end of the meeting at which it was considered or at the next regular meeting. The Board, on either of these two days, shall: (1) Make a Motion for Reconsideration and, if approved, (2) hear the matter and take an action. If the motion to reconsider an action is to be scheduled at the next meeting following the original action, then two items shall be placed on the agenda for that meeting: (1) A Motion for Reconsideration on the described matter and (2) a [Proposed] action should the motion to reconsider be approved. A Motion for Reconsideration can only be made by a Board member who has previously voted on the prevailing side of the original action taken. If a Motion for Reconsideration is not made on the date the action was taken, then a Board member on the prevailing side of the action must submit a memorandum to the Recording Secretary identifying the matter to be reconsidered and a brief description of the reason(s) for requesting reconsideration at the next regular meeting. The aforesaid shall all be in compliance with the Ralph M. Brown Act.