Renters & Housing
Thursday, June 25, 2020, 6:00 PM
Webinar ID: 973 0926 2083
VIRTUAL MEETING TELECONFERENCING NUMBER FOR PUBLIC PARTICIPATION In conformity with the Governor’s Executive Order N-29-20 (MARCH 17, 2020) and due to concerns over COVID-19, the Hollywood United Neighborhood Council meeting will be conducted entirely telephonically.Every person wishing to address the Neighborhood Council must dial 1 (669) 900-6833, and enter the Webinar ID above and then press # # to join the meeting. Instructions on how to sign up for public comment will be given to listeners at the start of the meeting GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT ON NON AGENDA ITEMS THE AMERICAN WITH DISABILITIES ACT - As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and, upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices and other auxiliary aids and/or services, may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting the Department of Neighborhood Empowerment by email: NCSupport@lacity.org or phone: (213) 978-1551. PUBLIC ACCESS OF RECORDS – In compliance with Government Code section 54957.5, non-exempt writings that are distributed to a majority or all of the board in advance of a meeting may be viewed at Agenda is posted for public review at Counterpoint Records and Books 5911 Franklin Ave Hollywood Super Mart 6213 Franklin Ave, on our website at www.MyHUNC.com, and with EmpowerLA or at the scheduled meeting. In addition, if you would like a copy of any record related to an item on the agenda, please contact Erin Penner at email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments from the public on Agenda items will be heard only when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the Agenda that is within the Board’s subject matter jurisdiction will be heard during the Public Comment period. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker, for a maximum of 20 minutes total for Public comment, unless waived by the presiding officer of the Board. In compliance with Government Code section 54957.5, non-exempt writings that are distributed to a majority or all of the board in advance of a meeting may be viewed at the scheduled meeting (or location noted in the Agenda item) or by making arrangements with our office (contact information above). As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting the Neighborhood Council Support Help Line (213) 978-1551 or email email@example.com. Note: Agenda items may be taken out of order or merged as deemed appropriate by the Board. Action may be taken on all items. To subscribe directly to our Agendas go to https://www.lacity.org/city-government/subscribe-meeting-agendas-and-more/neighborhood-councils and make your choice.
- Roll Call
- Approval of Minutes
- Committee Member announcements on items not on the Agenda
- Discussion and possible motion on community outreach regarding renter’s rights during COVID-19
- Discussion and possible motion to file a CIS in support of Council File 20-0594 State Senate Democratic Caucus Proposal / State Budget and California Economic Coronavirus Relief Fund / COVID-19 Community Development Block Grant / Mom and Pop Mortgage Assistance Program http://clkrep.lacity.org/onlinedocs/2020/20-0594_mot_05-13-2020.pdf First: Bonin (CD 11), Harris-Dawson (CD 8), Wesson (CD 10) ;Second: Cedillo (CD 1); Currently In: Housing Committee, Ad Hoc Committee on COVID-19 Recovery and Neighborhood Investment; Last Action: 6/11/20; Summary: Council instructs the Housing and Community Investment Department to develop a COVID-19 anti-displacement fund, to provide mortgage assistance to “Mom and Pop” owners of residential rental properties of ten or fewer units per owner impacted by COVID-19, on the condition that the owners not raise rents or evict tenants for the period in which they receive the subsidy; and report on the resources needed to implement the program within 30 days; …that Council instruct the Chief Legislative Analyst and the City Administrative Officer to identify and prioritize funding, including but not limited to the Coronavirus Relief Fund and the COVID-19 Community Development Block Grant allocation, to implement a COVID-19 “Mom and Pop”
- Discussion and possible motion to file a CIS of feedback of Council File 20-04097 supplemental COVID-19 Community Development Block Grant / Proposed Expenditure Plan: http://clkrep.lacity.org/onlinedocs/2020/20-0497_mot_04-22-2020.pdf First: Cedillo (CD 1); Second: Martinez (CD 5); Currently In: Ad Hoc Committee on COVID-19 Recovery and Neighborhood Investment; Last Action: 6/11/20. Summary: That the Chief Legislative Analyst, in coordination with the Mayor’s Office, City Administrative Officer, Housing and Community Development Department, and Economic Workforce Development Department, be instructed to develop a proposed expenditure plan that includes Council priorities for the Supplemental COVID-19 Community Development Block
- Public Comment on items not on the Agenda (2 minutes each)
- Old/Ongoing Business
- New/Future Business
A simple majority vote by the Board members present, not including abstentions, at a meeting at which there is a quorum, shall be required to take official action, unless specified otherwise in the Bylaws (http://hollywoodunitednc.org/wp/bylaws-standing-rules-and-financial-procedures/). Reconsideration: The Board may reconsider and amend its action on items listed on the agenda if that reconsideration takes place before the end of the meeting at which it was considered or at the next regular meeting. The Board, on either of these two days, shall: (1) Make a Motion for Reconsideration and, if approved, (2) hear the matter and take an action. If the motion to reconsider an action is to be scheduled at the next meeting following the original action, then two items shall be placed on the agenda for that meeting: (1) A Motion for Reconsideration on the described matter and (2) a [Proposed] action should the motion to reconsider be approved. A Motion for Reconsideration can only be made by a Board member who has previously voted on the prevailing side of the original action taken. If a Motion for Reconsideration is not made on the date the action was taken, then a Board member on the prevailing side of the action must submit a memorandum to the Recording Secretary identifying the matter to be reconsidered and a brief description of the reason(s) for requesting reconsideration at the next regular meeting. The aforesaid shall all be in compliance with the Ralph M. Brown Act.